Here’s a quick and fun do-it-yourself project for Valentine’s Day using some of those neat laser cut wood products that are flooding craft stores like Michaels these days.
You Will Need:
Large Laser Cut Wood Plaque
Large Wooden Heart
2 Laser Cut Words (I chose “Love” and “Adore”)
Small Laser Cut Wood Heart (I chose one with a flower and leaf motif)
3 small Wooden Hearts
Red, White, and Pink Acrylic Paint
(I found all of my supplies at Michaels.com. Look for the Artminds brand).
1. Start by painting the wood hearts and words. I painted the small laser cut heart and the words white. I painted the 3 small wood hearts red.
2. Next paint the large wood heart. My example has 2 layers. The outer heart is painted white and the inner heart is painted hot pink.
3. Then paint the large laser cut plaque. I chose to paint the middle section white with the outer part blending into pale pink. I then used hot pink paint to casually shade the outer edge of the plaque.
4. Once dry, arrange your wood hearts and words on the large laser cut wood plaque as desired.
5. Use a hot glue gun to glue all the pieces together.
6. Cut and knot twine to the top of the plaque. Your project is ready to hang!
Enjoy your new Valentine’s Day laser cut wood decor! Happy Crafting!
To find more great DIY Valentine’s Day projects and other fun boho craft ideas, click here.